Monday, December 1, 2008

Advent Calendars

Last Wednesday it occurred to me that I hadn't ordered the girls' advent calendars and I went into a mini-panic as I realized we'd need them today. I called Lee and asked him to go by one of the 3 church supply stores near him and see if they had any left. He and Margaret Rose went by the Catholic Shoppe and although the clerk was vacuuming she was kind enough to let them in and help. She started naming the kinds of calendars she had and when she mentioned stickers Margaret Rose was sold. When they went up to pay Lee said, "Oh I guess I better get one for each child." He said the clerk's face just fell and she told him, "I'm so sorry but I don't have many of these left. How many children do you have?" Obviously our 2 child family is not the norm.

No comments: