Saturday, March 15, 2008

Wake Up Call

Lee couldn't go back to sleep last night after getting up at 3:00 to take Margaret Rose to the bathroom so he went to the living room and eventually fell asleep on the sofa. At 6:30 The Nibblet came into the bedroom, hopped on top of my soundly sleeping self and announced that she was awake and she was hungry.
MC:Mama, I'm hungry. I need my macaroni cheese.
Me: Go ask Baba- he's closer to the kitchen.
MC: Yeah but he's asleep.
Huh??? I'm comforted by the fact that my dear friend says that if she's out and her husband is at homewith the kids, the kids will still call her on the phone if they need something.

Margaret Rose and I attended a Chinese class offered through one of the libraries today. There were lots of kids and Margaret Rose had a good time despite the fact that she told me she didn't need to go because "I speak Spanish." Guess we flunk the get your excited about their cultural heritage part of adoption. Maybe we should watch less Dora and more Kai Lan :-) Margaret Rose's favorite part of the class was the HUGE panda bear that was available for hugs.

No comments: