Saturday, March 8, 2008

Everything Was Beautiful At the Ballet...

well at least for some of us. Angi and I took the girls to the Carolina Ballet's production of Mother Goose. Even though it was very windy and COLD the girls insisted on wearing their Chinese outfits with the tulle skirts - "our China tutus." It was a nice production for little kids and there was cake afterwards -always a plus for my two. Company members posed for pictures and the audience was even invited to go onstage and have a peek at "the shoe" from the old woman with too many children fame. Afterwards on the way home our conversation went something like this:
Me: Margaret Rose, did you like the ballet?
MR: Yes! Pretty clothes! I like the sheep.
Me: What about you Mary Clare? Did you like the ballet?
MC: Well, um, well actually... no. I like can-can girls!
Is anyone really surprised???

1 comment:

Diane P said...

Your girls are absolutely lovely! You're all very blessed. I have a question about their outfits - can you please tell me where you got the "Chinese tutus"?

Thank you so much.