Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sewing Lesson & A Parade

Margaret Rose got her first sewing lesson before Mass this morning. With a little help from PoPo she did a good job sewing a button on her shirt.Here's Margaret Rose posing in one of her new Christmas dresses. She just loves being pretty!

The other picture is of Mary Clare "helping" PoPo with her therapy.

I took the girls to the local Christmas parade this evening. It was a last minute thing as I felt guilty that there was a parade four blocks away. Lee had work he needed to get done for school but drove us to the bottom of the hill so that we might have time to find a place to sit. We realized at the last minute that I'd left my phone at home and there'd be no way for Lee to know when to come back for us. I told him we'd just walk but really wasn't looking forward to it. A very nice family let us sit behind them on the sidewalk and the girls were unbelievably good while we waited for the parade to begin. They LOVED it! It's a nightime parade so there are lots of lights. Margaret Rose moved down to sit right on the street side and started collecting candy. She was so good to turn around and share with Mary Clare. When it was all over I grabbed them tightly by the hand and tried to navigate the crowd. Mary Clare kept saying, "Come on Maggie Rose! Our feet are taking us home!" and they were both cooperative and in good spirits. We actually spotted a payphone (surely the last of its kind) and called home where Mom relayed our coordinates to Lee who had gone out to look for us. It was a nice evening and I'm really glad I took the girls. You'll notice in the pictures below that Mary Clare has started giving the stereotypical Chinese "peace sign" gesture in pictures. Margaret Rose insisted on taking a picture of me and MC. I think she did a good job.



No comments: