Thursday, January 31, 2008

Attack of the Jolly Green Giant

I got a call from school today saying that Margaret Rose had an accident. At that point I tuned out whatever else the woman was saying as I tried to think if I had ever sent seasonally appropriate extra clothes. My brain kicked back into gear however as I heard the words "well you know how short she is." Huh? Since when does height have anything to do with bathroom accidents? I could be in serious trouble! Maybe I ought to try and follow what this lady is saying.
Turns out that another teacher while getting her lunch tray accidently spilled green beans on Maggie Rose's head. The beans and liquid were hot. Margaret Rose cried or as MR tells it "I cry VERY, VERY hard!" Poor Maggie Rose! Poor teacher! Miss Maggie reports that her teacher said "Oh my gosh!" and the offending teacher picked her up and called for ice. By the time they called me MR was not crying but was still quite put out. At least nothing got on her dress. If that had happened the offender would probably never be forgiven.
It has not been a good week for my Huazhou ladies and lunch.

No comments: