Friday, October 10, 2008

Our State Fair...

It is Fair season in our neck of the woods and the Huazhou girls are all about things that spin, jerk, fly and generally go very, very fast. Mary Clare has wanted to ride the Dragon roller-coaster since last year so it was the very first thing we did. They were both too short to ride alone so Lee and I went with them. Mary Clare cracked me up by instructing me in the fine art of coaster riding. "You do it like this, Mama!" she shrieked while throwing her hands up in the air. The girls rode and rode and rode and on occasion so did we. I even rode the big ferris wheel although I have to admit to having a few moments of panic. We do much better when Lee does the height things and I do the spinning ones. We ate junk- french fries and elephant ears and tons of lemonaide. The girls received lots of compliments and lots of the "are they twins" questions. They LOVE to match and ask for clothes alike but Margaret Rose gets annoyed with the twins question. "I am 6!" she declares as politely as possible, "She is 4!"

Hey look! Another roller coaster! Let's go!





We were up waaaay past our bedtime but had a fantastic time!

No comments: