Monday, November 5, 2007

God's children by adoption baptized into his grace









Today was Margaret Rose's baptism. It was a wonderful day and we were happy that so many of those we love came to be part of our sweet girl's initiation into Christ's Body the Church. Both our girls share All Saints' Day as their baptismal day. We sang two of my favorite hymns - For All The Saints and I Sing A Song of the Saints of God- and the choir once again used the descant that Lee wrote for Mary Clare's baptism for the hymn on the way to the baptismal font. Early Sunday morning I was able to show Margaret Rose a video clip of another child being baptised and she watched with great interest. She is an extremely neat child and we were afraid that the water getting all over her clothes would upset her. Before leaving the house we were running through the checklist - camera, bulletins, coats and Margaret piped up with, "I need towel. He gonna wash da hair." Well, I guess that is what it looked like in the clip she saw. During the entire service she showed remarkable poise and was nothing but cooperative. I think her lovely smile says more than I ever could about the signifcance of the day.

No comments: