Monday, September 22, 2008

Once Upon A Time

After dinner tonight the girls disappeared into their room. After awhile things got quiet and I went in to check on them as silence is often a sure sign of impending disaster. Instead of their usual wild girls antics, I found them "reading" Goldilocks and the 3 Bears and Cinderella. They were the 2 books from last nights bedtime stories and the girls were really doing a good job retelling the story to each other. Margaret Rose remembered lots of details and lots of the wording from the stories. The Cinderella is the classic story that involves the fairy godmother turning a rat into a coachman and lizards into footmen. I got the video camera and recorded a bit but had to leave before they were finished with Cinderella. Of course the camera was off for the funniest line of the evening. As I walked out the room I heard Mary Clare "read" - "and then the fairy godmudder said go git you some iguanas." I bet iguanas would make some really fancy footmen!
The girls finished the evening with a scrub in the tub. Bathing suits were for some reason required.

No comments: